I love young people. Let me rephrase that: I love people younger than myself. I love participating in their lives and giving them direction. Helping them with their weaknesses and the shortcomings of being a young person. I truly enjoy sharing my experiences and hoping that they learn from them. I love motivating the hearts of those I speak to and strengthening them in the little ways I can.
I love my sister. I see the best of myself in her, with none of the weaknesses. I see resilience, tenacity, love and hope. She sometimes breaks, but its OK, the fractures are really minor, and I am always there to help her pic up the pieces. In fact, I see that she won't need me soon, and that makes me happy. Neither of us will ever fit into skinny jeans, but honestly, F random fads from today's pop culture. Classic beauty is something I have always values, and that is what my sister possesses - an exterior classic beauty punctuated by an interior that leaves people envious.
I love myself. I love myself, not in a narcissistic fashion, but in a healing fashion. I love that I have surpassed many of my weaknesses and now pick one, attack it and move on. I see resilience within my heart. I am saddened by the rust I see accumulating on my mind and body. This work is not for me. It traps me in a comfort that sucks the focus from me. Back to education I go, to find my inner strength again.
No comments:
Post a Comment