It's been a while since I've seen that summertime flow,
Tank tops, torn jeans and a bonfires glow.
Circumscribe a day in the sun for a burn,
But that burn pays off with a brown skin turn.
Sand seems to always be questionable friend,
She burns sometimes and ends up in your hair.
But the time she's gone, we are all thus aware
And miss her sadly with ocean ward stares.
Cuts and bruises just mean that your skin is too thin.
So when I say to the sun, "If you were my girlfriend.."
And she laughs, I can't cry
Cause its all just pretend.
Its been a while since the moon made the sea glow blue,
and the stars twinkles reflect on stranded tide pools.
Windows into a life that I might not find
Disappear once again when it 'comes high tide.
I hear giggles and chords and them oceanside birds.
A crackle and hiss and a smore's fire kiss.
Blankets underneath and blankets over top
And that ocean roar interrupts loves gaze on the rocks.
Its been a while since the dawn of the sun on horizon
Was reflected by the calm sea's gentle breezes.
Nights spent soul searching inside rewarded
By beauty in the form of a golden tear.
Love takes forms tantamount to the waves shown forth
From these beauteous breezes.
And the ocean swells past every tide to remind that love on this Earth never ceases.
All the knowledge of self in a dove, genuflect for the banner of truth far above,
Was exposed when a fish nibbled forth on a strand of that which I was created to know.
No comments:
Post a Comment