I have honestly been on my blog every day, but not posted. Work on a poem is long and iterative. It is also very emotionally draining. I have almost given up on the iambic meter I was using, but perhaps today after work will be a break through.
In the interim, a few thoughts that have been bouncing around this thick skull of mine:
*The strong willed create themselves as they age.
*Change is not frightening for the one changing, but for the ones standing still.
*Why do I feel regret when I practice detachment from the thoughts that others have of me?
*It is an unfortunate wish of my heart of hearts to be liked and supportive to everyone.
*It has been a long arduous road.
*Brendan and Neil Abernathy - I still remember you and still pray for you.
*Empathy is a difficult, painful, important skill.
*Sometimes we need something / someone / someplace so we hold on to them. We hold on to them so tightly - afraid to lose the thing that gives us strength. Over time we grow and may no longer need those things, places or people. They may become toxic to our being. There are elements of my past that are that way. I just need to let go of them. Some of them.
*Love is what I got.
You got the love :)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQZhN65vq9E