Once upon a time the sun was setting in the east
The purple rays unfold like the violent breaths of the deceased.
In a torrent words release and they vanish like the beast
Until I wandered off again, to escape the point of peace.
At a razors edge, Occam , simple as a simple mind
Intrinsic positivity, the sun is shining, shine in kind.
Each day my recompense, to be completed in the morn
But this evening let me mourn the storm that is finally being born
Name him Hugo, Name her Wendy,
Name him William, Lee or Bailey.
In the alley, black Mercedes,
Alexis, Porschia and Stacy.
Praying during birth so I named my daughter Mary
Intercede and save the summer from Sam, Suzie and Haley.
Let the names vanish into the Autumn fog.
Cant change your life by the hair of a drunken dog.
Tighten up the meter then
Feel the winter creeping in
Feel it tiptoe over the breaths of sleeping men.
So it woke me up,
Cold breaths shorten up strides
Make a run for a change and take growth as a bride.
Thereby ascend on a ladder to defend the point to sacrifice
In the sacrifice of preceding greater men.
Lowly, but not Kafka-esque and besides
Not lowly, like the gaze of servants eyes,
I mean lowly, like the word humble but disguised
Like holy men, walking through the street unsurmised.
Until ever breath, every step every beat decides
That this Earth turns with a purpose greater than our lives,
That each fight turns with a purpose greater than its spite,
That each candle burns with a purpose greater than its light.
Until my world stops.
In an instant I can see
The words said were just as much for you as they for me
And the clarity of a transcendental moment
Can make the sun rise in the west
And I can own it.
No comments:
Post a Comment