(They say)
Theres a right way and a wrong way,
And everything between's the wrong way.
So when I walk down skid row,
It's like damn, they hadda took the wrong road.
(They say)
All things happen for a reason,
And years are measured by the seasons.
But if I want forever summer,
I've got to chase it like a runner.
(They say)
Its a 7 step plan,
Go to school, study hard and work for the man,
Then when you get fired-
Sell some drugs, buy a yacht and end up retired.
They say I'm on track, to finish this race
But when I move forward all I feel is two faced
Say what you wanna say, go bury my name
Cause in the end its still just a rat race.
I'm running so fast, but still in last place
Cause the truth is when I'm running, I'm running in place
So lets just save face, and enjoy the view,
Cause in the end its still just a rat race.
Switch the cardinal directions
And now the politicians are never gonna be mentioned
And the Police scared of us
And the US is a sacred land of trust for each one of us.
(Damn)
I want more than just discretion
This god damn fence is an abomination to ever good intention
Do unto others as you would have done unto you
So spread the truth that we just want to obscure the truth.
(Yep)
It seems I'm a hypocrite as well
(No really?)
Don't seem surprised, these words are lies I use to get through to you
So i'll just burn a few
Before I get up build a new world here in front of you
They say I'm on track, to finish this race
But when I move forward all I feel is two faced
Say what you wanna say, go bury my name
Cause in the end its still just a rat race.
I'm running so fast, but still in last place
Cause the truth is I'm always running in place
So lets just save face, and call it what it is,
Cause in the end its still just a rat race.
I should end this all with treason
This shits delirious and furious without a rhyme or reason
Or maybe end it with a dove
A sign of peace to everybody trying to rise above
(Yeah thats pretty)
This is a world of sacrifice
Please pack your tray tables and turn off that device
Please lie awake and ponder this advice
Give it all to love and do it again not twice but thrice.
(Yes!)
And do it for your friends, for your mothers and your fathers
And those in the shallow end.
Pull em to the deeper,
Cause when you learn to swim, this world is a lot sweeter
They say I'm on track, to finish this race
But when I move forward all I feel is two faced
Say what you wanna say, go bury my name
Cause in the end its still just a rat race.
I'm running so fast, but still in last place
Cause the truth is when I'm running, I'm running in place
So lets just save face, and enjoy the view,
Cause in the end its still just a rat race.
No comments:
Post a Comment